It is said that you should be able to eat everything you put on your skin, since most of it gets absorbed deep into your system, and if you cannot eat it – you shouldn’t be putting it on yourself.
I am a big fan of organic certified cosmetics that, unlike conventional cosmetics, are safe and not harmful for your skin and health. But this time I decided to try something I wanted to try for a very long time – home made cosmetics. Exciting!
I decided to begin my journey with a skin care ritual I came up with by doing loads of research about various natural ingredients, which you can probably even find in your kitchen. It involves a simple cleansing/toning method, as well as a rich natural mask and, finally, moisturizing. You will only need 5 ingredients for this!
I tested it 3 times so far and I have to say: it works! My skin feels softer, nourished, cleansed, and I noticed that my skin tone became more even. Here is some information about the ingredients I used:
Chamomile – Well-known for its calming, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It cleanses and soothes your skin, while at the same time reducing the damage done by free radicals and acne.
Avocado oil – One of the best ways to hydrate and soften your skin. Remember: even oily skin needs moisturizing. This oil is very effective for treating acne, blackheads, and eczema, as well as smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines. It replenishes dry skin and protects again skin damage.
Yogurt – Provides a natural glow to your skin by giving a gentle exfoliation (dissolves dead skin cells). Just like avocado oil, it reduces the fine lines and wrinkles, while at the same time providing great moisturizing effects. A simple yogurt can even help you fight acne, reduce discoloration, rejuvenate and soften the skin.
Honey – Amazing product that unclogs your pores, moisturizes and soothes your face, and slows down the aging process. Naturally being antibacterial, it helps to treat acne as well. In combination with yogurt, it provides intensive natural exfoliation for your skin.
Lemon – Reduces pigmentation, removes excess oils, and reduces acne-causing bacteria. Great for exfoliating the skin, but should never be used alone.
As you can see, all skin types can benefit from the combination of these ingredients. Let’s get started!
You will need:
- Chamomile tea bag
- (Organic) Yogurt (low-fat for oily
- Good quality avocado oil (or avocado mash)
- (Raw) Honey
- Small cup and tea spoon
Skin care ritual:
- Optional. If you wear makeup, remove it how you usually do and wash your face.
- Make a cup of chamomile tea and let it cool down a bit. Keep the tea bag in the cup. You can either make your own tea bag or use one from a store.
- When the tea is not hot anymore (but still very warm), take the wet tea bag and clean your skin with it by gently rubbing it all over your face. If it gets dry and cold, make it wet and warm in your tea cup again. The steam from the tea will open your pores and prepare the skin for the mask. Continue for around 2 minutes.
- Pat the skin dry to prepare it for next step.
- Prepare the mask. Mix 1 tea spoon of each of the following: yogurt, avocado oil, honey, and fresh juice from the lemon in a small cup. For a refreshing effect, keep this mask in a fridge before applying it.
- Apply the mask generously all over your face and relax for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off your face.
- I know your face already feels very moisturized, but I suggest giving it an extra boost by massaging several drops of the avocado oil into your skin before you go to bed. The massage will improve the blood circulation in your skin and help to take all the benefits of the oil while you sleep.
This routine could be repeated as often as you want, but to achieve the clear improvements I suggest doing it 2-3 times a week.
The best thing about all of this – you can actually eat it!
Let me know in the comment box below whether it was effective for you and follow me if you like the content I share.